Media.net

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tuesday Morning, Who I Am and A Thought

Yes, it's Tuesday morning, no one ever seems real excited about Tuesday mornings.  With my schedule now, sometimes Tuesday mornings are days off, so I sit here and write some stuff.  I also sit in the quiet house and think about things.  It has been a good morning to think about things, I got something first thing that got my mind working.  I got a message on a social media from someone who says Calvinism is a cult.  As a Wovenist, I'm not overly offended, but I told him I did lean Calvinistic, so we probably would disagree on some stuff.  His reply?  His book was respectful (all except the cult thing I suppose) but people who teach Election teach a different gospel than Jesus taught.  Hmmm, so I shared with him my thought on time, basically that since God exists outside of the confines of time, election is just a way to describe for us what happens.  I told him not to worry about the "unelect".  Most of the concern comes from this idea that salvation was set before people were born, which makes them unable to choose.  We are stuck in this cycle of Newtonian physics, action and reaction.  God isn't stuck in that mode, He doesn't make a decision and then wait to see what happens.  God doesn't wait, He doesn't have too.  No one is stuck with a choice that was made before hand, because there is no "before".  If someone is unelect, they are for a reason, not just some random casting of lots.  Lets not worry about the unelect, we all still have choice.

That wasn't at all what I was going to write about.  I have been thinking a lot about my life, and what I'm going to do with it.  Right now, I make Soy Protein Isolate.  It's a good job, I make decent money but I didn't go to school and seminary to make Soy Protein Isolate.  I am called to ministry, I want to plant a church, publish books and articles, teach, support, lead, coach, counsel, consult, help churches build healthy education and discipleship structures, help them improve outreach, share with the lost and support young men and women led to ministry.  That's a lot of stuff, and making Soy Protein Isolate doesn't give me the time to do much of that.  I am doing a few of those things, but I have such a long way to go.  The requirement in this day and age to make a steady income to buy stuff like food and clothes isn't helping me a lot.  Combine that with two boys that can eat a week's groceries in 3 days, and I know I have to keep the paychecks coming.  So, then the question arises, what do I do?

Here is my plan.  First, I'm going back to school, as soon as I can afford the GRE.  I am going to pursue a counseling degree to combine with my coaching training and experience to really help people with life decisions and healing.  In the time between now and when I have the degree, I'm gonna keep writing.  I have decided I'm going to try to add in a bit more comedy and humor.  We saw a Christian Comedian last night, and I think that is something I can do.  I don't know if it will be mostly written or if I'll consider doing a little Stand Up, it's all something I'm considering and praying about.  Making people laugh and helping people heal go hand in hand.

So here I am, a Pastor, Writer, Speaker, Coach, Comedian, Consultant, Director, Minister, Missionary who makes his living by making Soy Protein Isolate.  What does the future hold?  No idea, but it's gonna be amusing to say the least.  God is doing something, He has predestined it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment