Media.net

Monday, August 4, 2008

Dull brain

Have you ever felt like you are losing the sharpness of your mind? For me, it wasn't too hard. Since I've moved to Sioux City, I haven't had to push myself as hard mentally. I'm done with seminary and writing papers, and I haven't had people asking me the hard theological questions lately. I don't have the Gregs (Buchanan and Hendricks), Larry, Simon or Don here to ask me stuff that makes me step back and really think. Sure, there is IM, and I try to keep up dialouge, but I am feeling soft around the midsection. Physically and mentally.

I played a few online "brain excersies" today, and tried to do some study of some things in I Peter 3. I talked with Greg Buchanan online and tried to challenge myself. Then I decided to blog and sat here and looked at the screen. I've been doing that a lot lately. Maybe I am trying too hard to be deep and spiritual, or maybe I'm just getting soft.

So here I am. I reminded myself that the purpose of the blog is to write so I can improve my writing. It's not to be profound and have a deep, lasting impact. I would love for it too, but I also understand the very limited demand for my blog. If you are reading this, thank you for taking the time to stop and look it over. Hopefully you are inspired to push yourself mentally, and we can do some brain-chin ups together.

No comments:

Post a Comment