Media.net

Monday, April 21, 2014

Dream

I had a dream (while asleep, this isn't a I have a dream speech) that I was teaching.  It was an open room and it was full of people from all ages, some kids some youth and adults and we were talking about taking scripture seriously.  I was really getting into the teaching, and people were interacting with me.  Afterwords, we have some fellowship and I talked with a guy who was leaving to go on missions.  It was pretty vivid, and I remember it days later.

I'm not one to say "i've dreamed the future", but I know this dream has reignited for me the hope that one day I'll be able to plant a house church network.  I have heard reports of men in the midwest using a program that I have looked at, having great success and leading people to Christ.  My dream, my hope is to plant a house church and plants more house churches that are made up mostly, if not entirely of new believers.  I want to plant house churches in neighborhoods that church folks don't like to visit.  Low income areas where they can reach out to the community from inside the community.

I don't know that the future holds.  I have a good job right now and paying bills and paying off debt and doing better.  I know in my heart that this is not what I am called to do.  There is that line between responsibility and stepping out on faith, and right now I feel like I need to be responsible with what I have.  I need to get things taken care of in my home, with my family and then I can begin to look to this dream.  It's hard to have a passion for something and never be able to do it.  I hope one day the door opens and I can see this dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment