Media.net

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 Theme

Well it's a new year and with it a new theme.  My theme last year was "Don't Lose Sleep Over It".  I had some back luck in 2013, something happened I wouldn't wish on anyone.   My entire life changed, so in 2013 I had decided to not worry and not to live a life I would regret.  Well, it happened again in 2013, I was laid off from my new job and had to start over.  I didn't have to rethink my entire life this time, just had to find a new source of income.  I ended up working a rotating schedule that really sent things for a loop.  No more Sundays off, I now had to work every other Sunday.  I work longer hours, but it's a great job and I work with great supportive people.

Now it's 2014 and things are much different.  My goals and dreams since I had when I was 15 are gone, pretty smashed at this point.  My life and career have taken a major turn and it looks like I'm going back to school soon to peruse a new Master's Degree.  I am making a goal to read 52 books this year, I hope to continue to write and write more.  I have some things I'm working on for publication, which isn't anything new.  All in all, this is going to be a year different from any other for a lot of reasons.

So, with that being said, my theme for 2014 is "Learn Some New Tricks".  Some in books, some from school, some from my new job and some I hope to pick up along the way.  Here is to 2014, hope it's a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment