Media.net

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Time for a New Year

It's New Years Eve or 2013.  In a few hours it will be 2014.  In the New Year there are some things I want to focus on and accomplish.  I know there are somethings I need to do in my life to improve my writing and my knowledge, so I am going to make it a goal to read 52 books this year, one a week.  I am also going to spend the next 12 months doing a deeper study of the New Testament.  I am going to attempt to continue to write, working on blogs for this site, for SBC Voices and continue to work on books and articles, and hopefully get some more things published.

I will continue in my current job, I plan on trying to start another Master's Degree if I can get some financial assistance.  I want to do some more work on my coaching and do some more coaching.  I hope to combine all these things to make 2014 a great year.

I try to make themes for every year.  I have had themes like "Not a Hill Worth Dying On".  Last year I had a theme about having stability, but then I got laid off in June, close to a year from when I got . . . left the church.  Two summers in a row of being suddenly unemployed has left me a little scarred.  I am going to think about the theme for 2014, so keep watching for when I announce and unpack it.  I am not sure what it will be yet, I am continuing to think about it.

Lastly, I would like to ask you to pray for me this year.  My desire is to be overwhelmingly filled, anointed and empowered by the Holy Spirit in a way that I never have been.  Please pray that the Holy Spirit would overtake me in a new way and I would be filled in a lasting and life changing way.  Thank you, I am blessed by all my readers, supporters and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment