Media.net

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Learning Humility

I have spent the last 18 months learning lots of lessons in humility. Some have come from employment, or the ending there of. Part has come from asking for help in my in ability to do things on my own. Part has come from having to learn new things be a trainee and the new guy. Some have been from being around people who have gently humbled me.

Tonight I spent some time with a man who I am sure is brilliant and wise far beyond what I will be. He is righteous and holy, he is talented and most of all, he is humble. He let's me speak and tell stories, he encourages me and helps me.  He is patient and kind and generous and gentle in speech. He doesn't need to be heard or right or the center of the room.

Spending time with men like this convicts me to be more gentile, more quiet and calm and content. He is a great picture of humility for me and I pray that I will be more like him as I age. For me, he is the picture of Paul as he says "imitate me as I imitate Christ". He is a powerful and effective leader for me, and I pray you have people in your life who do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment