Media.net

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Can't Just Be Content, What's My Deal?

I have been . . . out of vocational ministry for about a year in a half.  I was told that I am no good at ministry, I'm not cut out for it and I should find a new job.  After getting fir. . . .resigning from my position, I've tried a few things.  Right now I'm in production, running machinery and I really enjoy my job.  I make pretty good money and things are starting to get stable around my house.  So here I am, taking my day off and sitting down to write.  I write blogs, books, articles and reviews.  I am still working on RI, which is now For Real Life Ministries, looking at another Master's Degree and finding ministries that I would like to start or partner with.  What is wrong with me?  Why am I so drawn to write and speak and preach and teach.  Why can't I just be an operator at my job, attend and serve in my local church context and be happy.  My dad was an operator, he served at church and was content.  He never wrote, he didn't desire to start new ministries or a church.  He didn't set out to try to write theological works and he was happy and content.  Why can't I be?  Is it a calling, or do I just have a need to be more than I am?  I guess time will tell if I am called or just needy.  Pray for me that I have discernment and figure out what I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment