Media.net

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Drab

It's drab outside. The snow covers everything and the overcast sky makes the world look like a black and white movie. I feel drab inside. If you struggle like I do with chronic depression, you know winter can be hard. It's easy to get caught in a pit of despair.

There is help. Find something you can enjoy. Find quiet spaces for yourself. Read and pray. Take care of yourself. Let people help you, let them care about you. Talk to your doctor and a counselor.

I wish there was a magical cure. I've tried a lot of things and I continue to struggle. I'm weak and I make giant mistakes. I hurt myself, I hurt others. I am in constant need of forgiveness. I need God to touch me every day.

If things are drab for you, if you feel empty and alone, hang in there. The sun will be back out and the snow will be gone. We just need to hold out a little while longer.

1 comment:

  1. Now is the winter of our discontent
    Made glorious summer by the Son of God;
    I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
    My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.

    I am praying for you, my brother.

    ReplyDelete