Media.net

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My desire for you. Yes you!

If you are reading this, I have a single, focused desire for your life. I have an agenda with everyone, that you have a love and passion for God in your life that is second to nothing. That you love God more than you love anyone or anything. Jesus said:

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:26

That verse is hard, but the reality is we must be willing to give up anyone or anything for Christ, even our lives. This doesn't happen by being religious, by being legalistic, by going to church or by having the will power. This happens by the Holy Spirit fanning a flame in your heart until it engulfs your entire being. You will be willing to toss aside everything for Christ. Even those you love the most will pale in comparison to Christ.

The result will be you love deeper, live better, laugh more and experience joy richer. Real life come from Christ, real joy comes from Christ. If you look for joy or completion or happiness in a person other than Christ, you will suffer. If your love for Christ is not far greater than your love for anyone or anything else, you will be incomplete.

Like I said, you can't work for or earn this, but you can ask for it. Pray for a love of Christ than engulfs your life. I pray for it in your life. I pray that you are so consumed that you burn and ignite those around you. I pray you have love, life, joy and peace. I pray for you because I love you and want you to feel real love.

2 comments:

  1. The way you write Dan is simply remarkable. You put your whole heart into everything that you write and I always come away inspired one way or another. You were meant to be a writer and if others can't see that, they have a problem. You words are so moving and I think everyone should read what you write. Don't ever quit writing because you are too good at it. Keep it coming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Amen, Amen. We have so great salvation and a so very great savior in whom also we have exceedingly great and precious promises. Communion with God - WOW, more life, more joy, more peace, richer life, richer joy, and riches of peace. Let's pray for this, for sure, let's pray for this for ourselves, let pray for this for one another - Let Jesus Christ be exalted. Let's speak often one to another of the goodness of our God and think upon his name and find Christ all sufficient.

    ReplyDelete