Media.net

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

21 Days. Day 1

Today I begin the 21 day Daniel Fast with some other folks. As I begin, I have decided that my perspective is that of thankfulness. I can focus on all the things I can't eat and I'm missing, but I am choosing to be thankful for what I have. I have clean water always available. I have fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and other things always available to me. I have more than most of the world's population has access too. I am thankful for my blessings.

In doing this fast, I have been asked why. My primary answer is "to be supportive" because I have a friend who asked me, and I am going to support him. In the mail, I got a free book called 21 Days with Jesus. This book is a journey though John's Gospel, so maybe God has something else is store for me during these 21 days. Day one. John chapter 1. Jesus calls His disciples, and they told others and said "come and see". We don't just learn about Jesus, we experience Jesus. We don't just look at grace, we come to grace. We are called to "come and see".

No comments:

Post a Comment