Media.net

Monday, February 2, 2009

The poisenous human tounge

I have been insulted by lots of people in lots of places. Mostly in High School, some in college. Occasionally by those who hold a political belief that is in opposition to what I think. I think the most disturbing or helpful is when I am criticized, teased or mocked by those who claim to be Christians. When you try to share with them a life lesson, open your life and you get met with ridicule.

I have been known to be rude myself, and I am doing to do my best to stop this process. Ephesians 4:29 tell us to speak in a way to build up one another. Why do we spend so much time tearing each other down? Lack of self-esteem maybe, which so often we get from the world. Insecurities perhaps. Whatever the reason is, I am going to work at being a Barnabas, to be an encourager and not a stumbling block.

No comments:

Post a Comment