Media.net

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Slowing Down

Have you ever met someone who would work themselves into the ground? I know someone like that. Ok, I am someone like that. Here is something that I was told by a very wise person today. That sometimes God gives us problems to make us rest. My back has been hashed all weekend. I've had to be in best for a big part of it. The times I did get out of bed to do stuff, it make things worse. So now, much to my dismay, I am back in bed. I have things I would like to do, but I can't really do them. Here I will stay, learning that being still often has greater value than being in motion. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

1 comment:

  1. Be still, and know I am God. In my life I find that when I stop trying to do things, and just be still for a moment. That is when God speaks the clearest and most intimately. It is hard, but always worth it! I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete