Media.net

Saturday, February 7, 2015

I'm Back

Well I haven't blogged in a while.  I have been working nights and still recovering from surgery so I took a mental break.  I continued to read my Bible, but stopped reading just about everything else.  I didn't write anything and just shut down some.  It was a good mental vacation, but I missed writing, so I'm back.  I want to share a few things I learned during my time away.

First, I have found I have a deep craving for wisdom.  I have been reading and re-reading Proverbs in an attempt to gain wisdom.  I have prayed for wisdom and really begun to think about who I spend time with.  I crave wise mentors in my life and need to make a strong effort to be with those who are wise.

I am learning patience.  I struggle with feeling hopeless about my desire for vocational ministry.  I felt called into vocational ministry since I was 16, spent 20 years working and preparing and then it seemed one day is was gone.  There are some days I feel like that life is gone, that I will never again be in vocational ministry.  People love to tell me that I just need to be in ministry where I am.  That's called being a Christian, of course I do ministry where I am.  Vocational Ministry is different all together, and I miss it a great deal.  I must continue to be patient and see what God has in store for me.  It's not easy.

I am learning to take each day as it comes.  There is value in planning and preparation, but the best laid plans do often go astray.  I am trying to put my focus in where I am and what I'm doing.  When I'm at work, I focus on work, and I try to do the same at home.  It's not always easy, I want to focus on all the things I need to do and all the things I have to do and all the things I want to do.  Lots of distractions that I'm trying to cut out.

Now that I'm back, I hope to blog more.  I have a few reviews to write and some things I want to share.  I hope you'll join me as I begin my writing adventure again.  I've missed sharing with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment