Media.net

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

To Blog or Not to Blog

I blog for a couple of purposes. First, writing is what helps a writer become a better writer, and as you can see, I need more work. Second, I blog to release some things that I bottle up inside. I'm not what you would call an expressive person, blogging helps me. Lastly, I blog because I want to share my thoughts and ideas. I write because I hope people read it and enjoy. With these things combined, there are moments I must stop and ask myself "should I blog about that?"

I haven't always "blogged happy." In fact, I have been dealing with a lot of anger lately. It seems to have been building over the last 18 months, I find myself dreaming about releasing the anger. I have prayed for the anger to go away, I have tried to let go. I have as of yet been unable. It then seems like things get added to my anger that make me even angrier. I remember the verse that tells me "the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God" but I'm still angry. I am not sure I could even call it righteous anger, because it's mostly selfish anger.

The point is, I sometimes struggle with what to write and what to post as I work on this blog. I try to write as often as I can, trying to stay with uplifting, Biblical and theological themes. Sometimes I just write what I am feeling or where I am. Today, all I can do is the blogging equivalent of sitting in the dust. I'm blogging about blogging. I have to admit that in my flesh and in my writing, I am full of weakness and frailty. I often have trouble looking outside this self-centered shell I have constructed. I see my issues, my anger and those things that matter to me.

So, when to blog and when to stay silent. I struggle sometimes, post stuff that causes me to get angry text messages or facebook comments. Sometimes I blog before I think about the consequences, just throw stuff out there. Being angry makes that easy to do. It's easy to get mad and write a blog or facebook post or twitter message. Maybe it's best if we slow down and don't blog angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment