Media.net

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Carrying the Weight

Do you feel the weight of the current situation in this country?  I wasn't feeling things too bad until July of this year, when I became a statistic.  Oh, it's not so bad, at least I had some good company, with close to 10% of the population being unemployed.  We have some wonderful friends who gave me a job working in their pizza place, and I was blessed for a few weeks to be able to get some income while I found a full time job with benefits and all that stuff.  I would have rather just stayed at the pizza place, but that's not the issue.

Now, here I am with a Master's degree, can't find a place to rent and can't buy a house with the bank loans.  I have a job with kids who just fell out of high school, and I feel the weight of the economic situation.  It's not fun, and like me, many of you have it bad.  More month than money, more debt that income, and more stress than fun.  It's not a good place to be, yet I know there is hope.

Remember the poem footprints?  I saw one the other day about the line in the sand is when Jesus was dragging me.  That is true.  I have been carried, pushed, pulls and drug because I haven't had the strength and motivation to stand.  Right now I am writing a book, planning 4 or 5 more, starting a non-profit, looking to plant a house church network, trying to coach and beginning to plan a outdoor based novelty company, to make things like wooden and log furniture, laps, pens, desk sets.  I am not sure I'll have time to finish any of them, and I am going at this like a blind man in a boxing match, but I'm going for it.

I don't know what the next 4 years are gonna look like, who will be the President, what the economic outlook will be, if I'll have a better job or if I will finish my books (let alone get published).  I just know who holds tomorrow, so let's make a deal.  You pray for me, I'll pray for you and we will stick together.  Oh, and if you have a house I can borrow. . . oh nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment