Media.net

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Are you Encouraged?

Are you encouraged?  Do you feel like you are encouraged?  Why or why not?  I will tell you what it is for me, who I spend my time with and how I spend that time will leave me feeling energized or drained.  When I am around people who share my joys and my passion, who want to help and they affirm me, I feel encouraged.  When I am down and they share with me, support me and help lift me up, I am encouraged.  When I find people who challenge me, talk through things with me, listen and share, I am encouraged.

On the other side, we often find ourselves with critical individuals who are quick to point out our short comings.  They are often demanding, short tempered and demand everything to be to their standard, which few can achieve.  These people cut is down, tear us down, beat us up and leave us feeling worthless.  They are critical of our passion, want us to conform and be more like them, and leave us feeling drained and exhausted.

For the most part, people won't be this cut and dry, but you know when you leave a social interaction if you are feeling drained or energized.  If you life, you need some draining people to push you, to challenge you and to help you really take some long looks at yourself.  On the other hand, they should not be the bulk of the people you spend time with.  You should also surround yourself with those who encourage you and lift you up.  We all need a Barnabas or 2 or 5.  Make sure in your life and ministry, you have supportive people who pray for you, encourage you and really care about you.  There will be plenty who don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment