Media.net

Monday, July 21, 2008

So where's the revival

So I'm having a thought. More of a question really. I have heard lots and lots of talk about revival and spiritual awakening for a number of years. I’ve been told to pray for it, I’ve heard it starts with me, I’ve heard that it’s coming. I have been watching, and seen a few small glimpses of revival, there hasn’t been a Great Awakening in the modern day in the United States. Why?

1st, Jesus said :
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it. John 14:12-14 (ESV)

So if we ask, He will do it. So why don’t we have revival? Is it because of hardened hearts? Maybe, but I think it’s something even more illusive. I think it’s a function of individuality. In John 17, Jesus prayed we would be one. In 1 Peter 2, we are told be become Living Stones to construct a spiritual house. Paul calls us the Body of Christ. There is unity in the scripture. There is individuality today. We do things alone, for me, for my growth. My devotion, my prayer life, my worship experience, my salvation, it’s become very much about me. I think that if we can start to move towards Biblical unity, then we would be much more prone to see revival and awakening.

So how do we do it? We build community, we give and we share. We are open and talk to one another, we pray with one another, we serve along side one another. The hardest part is we become dependant upon one another. When we come to the point that we cannot live or function without the other members of the body of Christ, then I think we will begin to see and live out what causes Revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment