Media.net

Monday, August 29, 2016

The Elusive Happiness

Not to long ago I wrote a series of blogs on happiness. At the time I wasn’t happy. There are several reasons for me not feeling happy and I don’t want to rehash all of it. A few weeks ago and nothing in my life has really changed, but I’m feeling much happier.

I’m still dissapointed about my lack of ministry involvement, about my lack of time to do the things I enjoy. There is still stress about money and finances and to top it off, my truck is out of commission. Things are still rough, but I am happier today than I was a month ago. What is the secret?

Truth is, there isn’t one. I just started being happy about things. I play minecraft with Brayden and joke with Collin and Kaylee and spend time with Elaine. I enjoy the friends I have in the short amount of time I get to spend with them. I focus on the things I like about my job and I try to do things for myself here and there.

I’m trying to do things that make me happy. I focus on things that I am happy about and I try to look forward to some things. I look forward to the future more and look at the past less. Things aren’t perfect, but they never have been nor will they be. They are still good. It’s all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment