Media.net

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What I Learned from Microsoft

I'm a Linux guy. I run Ubuntu on my home computer and I dual boot my work computer with XP and Ubuntu. I like Linux much better, but I have learned some important things from Windows. Let me share with you what I have learned.

Sometimes, doing things the hard way is the only way, because the easy was doesn't get you anywhere.

Just because something says it does something, doesn't mean it does.

There is always a back door, and it's usually unlocked.

Computer windows and old house windows, sometimes you can't get them open, and once you do, sometimes you can't get them closed.

You never know who is looking through your Windows.

Death comes when you least expect it, and it's not a bright light, it's a blue screen.

Just because it's called Works doesn't mean it does.

In life and Spider Solitaire, sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you try, there is no way to win.

I am sure there are lots of other little things that Microsoft has taught me, but that is the list that comes to mind. Hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment