Media.net

Saturday, October 24, 2020

When Someone Is Hard On You

 There is a TV I use to watch called Scrubs. In the show, the attending doctor was really hard on the intern/resident. At one point during the show, the resident upsets the attending in a very personal way, and he is no longer harder on him. He doesn't give him a hard time, he doesn't insult him, he is simply polite. The young resident realized that the doctor no longer cares. He learns that the attending doctor was the way he was because he really saw potential in him and wanted to push him.

As a teacher, I find myself being hard on students because I see the potential. I push them and I am hard on them because I know what their capacity is. I want the students to push past their limits, to grow and get better. I think if I didn't care about my students, I wouldn't get frustrated, I wouldn't push them, I wouldn't be hard on them. I would just expect the bare minimum. 

Who is hard on you in your life? Who pushes you, expects more, challenges you? I hope that someone in your life sees the potential in you, who you can be, and not just who you are. We are all capable of being more, of being better, and of growth. You should never stop learning and getting better. Find someone who you push you to be a better version of yourself. Find someone you can encourage to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment